Our client is seeking a Technical Manager to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX, for a 12-month assignment.
The Technical Manager shall assume Company responsibility for delivery of the technical scope working in conjunction with counterparts in the MTV Consortium. The job holder is expected to ensure that a robust fit for purpose technical scope is delivered by MTV in line with agreed execution plans, technical requirements, and Project HSEQ requirements.
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Accountable for maintaining updates and accuracy of project execution plans in Microsoft project across multiple projects
- Financial analysis and monitoring
- Maintain accuracy of Microsoft PPM entries and executive reporting
- Primary interface between central PMO and project teams
- Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Provide management and leadership to direct reports and the Technical Team during all project phases.
- Ensure safe, on time and within budget delivery of all technical scope related elements of the EPCI scope of work whilst ensuring a high level of
- quality consistent with a project design life of 20 years.
- Monitor and manage all facets of work within the technical scope of work to ensure that schedule, cost / budget, technical, quality and HSES
- requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon.
- Ownership of Technical Clarification and Deviation process (Offshore Delivery scope).
- Support readiness processes to ensure a progressive preparation is made by both MTV and Company towards the start of site activities.
- Establish a Technical Team organisation (with organisation chart and mob / demob plan) matched to the relevant project phase and ensure that
- resources are identified, mobilized and demobilized in accordance with the plan.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent is required - Civil or Mechanical engineering specialism preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in management of large scale EPCI contracts with offshore pipeline / SURF type workscopes and proven team leadership / management experience.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant track record in pipeline / SURF procurement and engineering activities.
- Experienced engineering manager, able to assess and constructively challenge contractor engineering and assist contractor to arrive to best for project outcomes and specific detailed knowledge around:
- Pipeline design codes and standards used for the design, manufacture and installation of rigid and flexible pipeline systems as well as their respective subsea pipeline system components (ILTs, FLETs, valve modules, jumpers and spools, etc).
- Pipeline system welding and materials /coatings selection.
- Shallow water buried pipeline design aspects and installation methodologies including shallow water pipeline routing, stability, global and upheaval buckling.
- Large diameter trunk line and flowline installation in steep S-Lay, S-Lay and Reel lay methodologies as well as installation of clad flowlines
- Pipeline strain based design, full scale fatigue testing, AUT systems definition and qualification as well as fracture mechanics based ECA approaches.
- Pipeline system pre-commissioning and commissioning.