Our client is seeking a Technical Manager to work within their facilities located in Grand Junction, CO, for a long-term assignment.
The role reports to the Plant Manager who is open to the level of experience. They will oversee the lab, Quality programs, Loss Control and Safety for a site of 20 people. The Technical Manager will work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and the Production Manager and report up to the Plant Manager.
- Oversees HSE and Loss Control activities for Plant.
- Oversees Quality Control department.
- Support for Maintenance Department.
- Oversees Plant Engineering.
- Cost control for Maintenance and Quality Control Budgets.
- Review, development and implementation plans to meet regulatory and company requirements in the area of HSE.
- Development, implementation, and management of plans for Occupational Safety, Contractor Safety, Process Safety, and the Maestro HSE Management System.
- Responsible for the Management of Process Engineering activities, which include support of the Distributed Control System, Process Hazard Analysis HAZOP studies, and support of new product and process development.
- Active involvement with: plant loss control activities; capital and maintenance projects; ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Support operations by implementing process improvements for safety, quality, optimization, and cost.
- Monthly review of production and quality control.
- Monthly review of action item status.
- Periodic Environmental and Loss Control reporting to the State and Corporate.
- Closure of audit and safety related action items
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical)
- Understanding of (or ability to learn) process equipment and operations
- Understanding of (or ability to learn) laboratory operations and equipment
- Working knowledge of environmental science, health & safety issues
- Working knowledge of text processing, spreadsheets, and database usage