Airswift has been tasked with finding a Digital Factory Technical Lead to work on a 12-months contract-hire assignment in Houston, TX for a major Oil & Gas company.
The Digital Factory Technical Lead owns the architectural decisions and technical integrity of solutions built by the Digital Factory; and, in coordination with the Global Architecture team for standards and governance, is an executor and the visionary force behind technical solutions developed in the Factory.
They will be working closely with all Digital Factory team members to create modular, scalable solutions that comply with critical standards while addressing/incorporating best technical design practice and flexibility for future architectural changes and designs; and will be expected to identify the opportunity for and create replicable patterns for reuse within and across factories, via the Digital Factory CoE, will drive engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
We are seeking a hands-on team member who actively coaches the team to solve complex problems.
- Ensuring design and architecture integrity of the overall product set in collaboration with product team members and Global Architecture.
- Guiding product teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Responsible for oversight of the technical design of the products, guiding product teams toward designs that are forward looking and fit-for-purpose while cognizant of the ‘as-is’ technical landscape of the asset (i.e. practical, integrate-able, supportable, secure, etc.).
- Mentoring and coaching the technical team, specifically with architecture and design reviews
- Identify and solve all surfacing architecture and design-problems at hand by identifying and removing technical impediments
- Working with Product Owners to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
- Acting as thought partner with the Product owner in story creation and acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs effectively with Designers
- Looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Providing the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
- Deep experience (10+ years) in developing technology strategies and architectures particularly in the Decision Sciences domains
- Proven experience in Agile software development processes
- Hands-on experience building and modifying large technology stacks, platforms and tools in very short timeframes.
- Experience in product development and stakeholder management in large, complex organizations
- Proven ability to document business strategic objectives and translate them into product or project roadmaps
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence
- Demonstrated thought leadership and is able to influence at all levels in the organization