Technical Account Manager – Personal Care
Salary / Package: Competitive salary
Language: Fluent English , Fluent German
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Strategic Recruiters: Maria Sant'Anna
Key words: Chemicals, Personal Care, Cosmetics, Speciality Chemicals, Sales, Account Manager, Technical Sales, Business Development, Benelux, Dach, Germany, Netherlands, B2B, CRM, Customer Relationship Management, Raw Materials Supply, Technical Account, TAM, Specialized Product Expert, KPI, Customer Service, CS.
Our business: Our client is a global leader in the distribution of speciality chemicals. They distribute an extensive portfolio of speciality chemicals into a range of application areas, including our core markets - Personal care, Household, Institutional and Industrial care, and Pharmaceuticals. Working with leading global manufacturers, they act as a synergistic link between our suppliers and customers to deliver chemistry for a better life. From start-ups to supermarkets and multinational brands, our ingredients are a fundamental part of your everyday routine.
- Critical technical-commercial role in the B2B environment in the cosmetic and personal care sector
- Understand and market our product & service portfolio at both commercial and technical levels
- Acquire new customers as well as actively support existing customers
- Identify customer needs and product developments
- Record all strategic and tactical sales activities in MS Office / CRM
- Prepare quotations, reply to price enquiries and sample or information requests.
- Lead all price and service negotiations.
- Ensure rigorous follow up mechanisms to maintain momentum and close sales deals
- Manage sales and gross profit targets via defined KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
- Close cooperation with the Customer Service department
- 3-5 years of commercial experience in the cosmetic and personal care industry
- Proven track-record of above-average sales and gross profit growth
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, conversational German, and English
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Chemistry or life Sciences preferred
- Very good computer skills (MS Office especially Excel)
- Good understanding of the chemicals industry / cosmetic science
- Previous knowledge of the personal care / cosmetics markets
- Number driven, have the drive to succeed in hitting targets
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the strategic resourcers Maria Sant'Anna.