Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specializing in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source a Tax Analyst. This is a 6-month contract role working on Mon – Fri & 8 hours per day based in Melbourne VIC and the client would like to consider candidates based in this region. Please see details below.
Position Title: Tax Analyst
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 6 months (potential for extension)
Location: Onshore (Office based)
Working Schedule: Mon – Fri & 8 hours per day
Reporting to the Tax Services Manager, this role will see you deliver accurate and timely direct and indirect tax compliance obligations for Australia and New Zealand.
- Assist in prepare/review of tax compliance obligations for various taxes in Australia and New Zealand including but not limited to GST, New Zealand Local authority fuel tax (LAFT), New Zealand regional fuel tax (RFT), New Zealand FBT and various income tax related compliance requirements including tax effect accounting and reporting.
- Assist in managing service delivery of our offshore team in the preparation of indirect tax compliance obligations.
- Assist in providing compliance assurance through due diligence of key tax risk areas.
- Assist in tax planning initiatives, entity liquidations, dividend planning, GFO and RTM template for regional tax reporting
- Assist in periodic review of key tax balance sheet accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in a similar tax accountant role with compliance exposure 03 years of experience
- Diligent and high attention to detail.
- Data extraction(essential) and analytical skills preferably experienced with Power BI. (Preferable)
- Ability to engage with extended offshore team and actively assist in developing relationships.
- Good understanding of working with ERPs(essential) including SAP (preferable) data extraction, journal posting
- Advance MS excel working knowledge. (essential)
- Commercial acumen, strong judgment, and decision-making skills.
- High level of communication skills, relationship building and networking skills.
- CA or CPA qualification (or working towards) will be highly regarded.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the same to firstname.lastname@example.org