Tax Analyst. Airswift. Aberdeen, UK.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Tax Analyst to work within their facilities in Aberdeen, UK on a contract until the end of this year.
This is an entry level role to provide support across the full range of tax compliance and tax accounting activities that the team is responsible for.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide support with preparation of PRT returns and claims (PRT1, 2, 6, 30, 40) for all PRT fields
- Collate and analyze accounting data to support PRT compliance process, (including product sales, tariff income, license fees, inventor analysis, accruals reviews, LoC fees, insurance and G&A).
- PRT administration including maintenance of PRT assessment histories and expenditure claim summaries
- Assist with preparation of quarterly PRT provision, including collation of relevant accounting data and analysis
- Assist with PRT accounting true-up work in respect of PRT estimates to actuals
- Assist Tax Advisor/Senior Tax Advisor in responding to HMRC queries and enquiries
- Undertake accounting analysts to support preparation of JV annual PSA return and Tax Award Scheme submission
- Collate and analyze accounting data to support preparation of monthly VAT return and ongoing VAT compliance and risk mitigation
- Involvement in the JV’s CT compliance process to enable and facilitate the timely filing of CT returns
- Provide support to Senior Tax Advisor with the annual Research & Development tax claims including the relevant accounting analysis
- General accounting knowledge/experience
- Tax experience/awareness of tax accounting and compliance desirable (especially indirect tax/VAT)
- SAP experience desirable
- Highly IT literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (with a particular focus on demonstrable Excel proficiency)
- Highly numerate and excellent analytical skills
- Good understanding of oil and gas business
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.