One of our major clients is hiring a Systems Engineer to join their team on a 3-years contract. Its important to know that they are looking for a professional that can commit with a long-term job. You will be working in Baton Rouge, LA.
A Systems Engineer is responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization"s systems infrastructure, including implementation and design of hardware and software. Oversees development and maintenance of computer systems. Identifies departmental needs and makes suggestions regarding technical direction. Monitors the performance of systems. Analyzes users needs and creates flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation. Work with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
The perfect professional will have:
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex system communication issues
- Extensive working knowledge of PCs, network hardware, operating systems, software and network communication protocols
- Minimum of 5-years experience in Process Control System support or related computing and networking technologies
- Able to support systems 24x7
- Working knowledge of Honeywell TDC3000 and/or Experion Systems
- Established skills and experience with managing Windows Active Directory and ability to support and troubleshoot Windows related problems
- Established skills with installing and managing a virtual environment
- Installation and support for process control applications such as data historian and alarm management
- Computer and network systems security including GPO, WSUS and ACL management
- Experience with Cisco network design, installation and maintenance
- Working knowledge of industry communication protocols including Modbus and OPC