Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer to work within their facilities located in Baton Rouge, LA, for a 3-years assignment.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization’s systems infrastructure, including implementation and design of hardware and software. This person must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to promote ideas and work effectively in a team environment.
- Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization’s systems infrastructure, including implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Oversees development and maintenance of computer systems.
- Identifies departmental needs and makes suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Monitors the performance of systems.
- Analyzes users’ needs and creates flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
- Position will receive direction and support – this position level would typically include junior Systems Engineer performing mostly basic tasks.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex system communication issues.
- Extensive working knowledge of PCs, network hardware, operating systems, software and network communication protocols.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to be able to plan system upgrades and coordinate complex work activities. Able to support systems 24x7.
- Working knowledge of Honeywell TDC3000 and/or Experion Systems.
- Established skills and experience with managing Windows Active Directory and ability to support and troubleshoot Windows related problems.
- Established skills with installing and managing a virtual environment.
- Installation and support for process control applications such as data historian and alarm management.
- Computer and network systems security including GPO, WSUS and ACL management.
- Experience with Cisco network design, installation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of industry communication protocols including Modbus and OPC.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Process Control System support or related computing and networking technologies.