Airswift is currently seeking a Systems Completion PMS Engineer on behalf of our Oil & Gas client based in Kazakhstan, to work on a contract position for a very prestigious project.
Brief Job Description:
Act as the PMCS Commissioning Engineer/Coordinator and interact directly with the company's C&P PMCS Group on all aspects of PMCS systems related to substations, EEO’s (Electrical Equipment outstations) and power generation plants.
Will be responsible for coordinating the pre-commissioning and commissioning of the PMCS systems in conjunction with the PMCS specialist vendors
Job Specification and requirements:
- Co-ordinate and provide input to PMCS commissioning procedures and Work Method Statements
- Liaise with the company's Controls and Automation commissioning team for integration of the PMCS to the PCS (Process Control System).
- Liaise with PJV engineering design, construction, fabrication, completions engineers on PMCS.
- Liaise with the company's operations, maintenance and engineering teams on PMCS.
- Provide input to specialist vendor commissioning plan and site acceptance procedures
- Provide input to the company's commissioning planning for all aspects of the PMCS commissioning
- Provide input to commissioning plans and execution documents
- Assign relevant pre-commissioning PMCS check sheets
- Ensure PMCS system is commissioned in line with Republic of Kazakhstan & Regulatory requirements
- Attend progress meetings with main engineering design contractor & company
- Co-ordinate Commissioning spares lists for PMCS equipment
- Co-ordinate the hands on training of the operators on the systems in the vendor yard
- Co-ordinate and work directly Commissioning contractor with regards to all aspects of PMCS testing and integration
Key skills, Education and Experience:
- Ideally qualified to HND or degree level; Degree in Power or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years relevant Oil and Gas industry experience
- Very strong knowledge/understanding of Power Management and Control Systems (PMCS)
- Very strong experience in power generation and electrical distribution networks
- Hands-on commissioning experience relating to commissioning of PMCS, electrical distribution and generation systems
- Ability to multi-task would be highly desirable
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
- Good communicator – effectively communicate at all levels and on complex topics
Must have experience on the following systems:
The electrical power management systems for the Project, collectively known as the PMCS – Power Management and Control System, will be managed by four independent electrical control systems. It comprises extensive greenfield scope as well as several complex brownfield tie-ins:-
- ECS – Electrical Control System
Monitors and controls the electrical distribution system, routes all PCS (process control system) Management and control signals between switchgear and LV motors, UPS’s and battery chargers. ECS also trends, logs, alarms and reports on the electrical system. The ECS interfaces with all voltage levels 220V to 110kV.
- FLS – Fast Load Shed System
Provides intelligent automatic reduction in electrical load in response to generator circuit breakers or other key feeder circuit breakers opening under load. The system reduces the total plant load to less than the calculated available capacity. Loads are automatically selected for shedding based on power system system conditions.
- A25A – Automatic Synchronisation System
Provides auto-Synchronisation between 120MW GTG’s as well as to the existing 110kV power grid and generators.
- SRC – Slow Response Control System
Monitors and controls steady state power generation and system voltages. The system advises operators whenever extra steady state capacity is required and manages power exchange between plant and grid as well as load sharing between GTG’s.
- RTDS - Real Time Dynamic Simulator
Hardware and software panels that will mimic the PMCS system for training (commissioning of these panels only – not providing training) and modelling the dynamics of the power system using actual system values.