Airswift has been tasked by a large Oil & Gas Client to find a System Analyst to work on a 12-months contract in Dallas, TX.
The Agile Business Analyst will be expected to gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of product users and business stakeholders. This role is a proactive member of an Agile product team, working in tandem with Product and Project Managers and design and development team members to ensure the product continuously delivers value to users.
- Serve as primary POC for managing system requirements between the business and the product team throughout the duration of a project.
- Elicit product requirements from users, project stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- Work directly with the business to understand the business domain and problems the product will solve, acting as proxy Product Owner when necessary.
- Define, document, analyze and prioritize requirements of the product.
- Translate requirements into functional specifications for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Translate solution concepts into roadmaps, epics or user stories.
- Write acceptance criteria and ensure criteria come to fruition during product demos.
- Support the team to populate and groom the backlog.
- Engage and build relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to inform product objectives amidst broader business goals.
- Support product design and development to ensure the solution aligns with the user goals and business goals.
- Utilize deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies to lead an Agile transformation at scale.
- Advocate for the end user and ensure product team’s efforts improve the customer experience.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related discipline.
- 5+ years supporting cross-functional software product teams in positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- 3+ years analyzing business processes and user needs of IT products, including web content management systems.
- 3+ years proven experience working within an Agile team, writing epics and user stories, prioritizing a backlog, guiding teams, etc.
- Ability to communicate functional capabilities of websites and applications effectively both verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter; desire to solve problems and improve user experience.
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal project teams and senior management, as well as external clients and stakeholders.
- Experience in human-centered design and advocating for the Agile mindset.
- Experience using Azure DevOps software.
- Strong experience and comfortability with Microsoft Office suite, Smartsheet, collaboration tools such as Mural, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.