Our client, has an opportunity for a Switchroom Mechanical Supervisor to join a HV manufacturing and industrial technology business. This is a Full-time Permanent position based south of Perth, WA.
This company is well-established in the industrial, renewable energy, and mining industries for their electrical technology and capabilities. They provide safe, end-to-end solutions for their customers across Australia and have strong long-standing relationships with industry leaders. The primary objective of this role is to supervise and coordinate the Mechanical Team and subcontracts in order to deliver completed projects.
As a key member in a growing business, we’re looking to hire an experienced Mechanical Supervisor who will coordinate and supervise the Mechanical Team and maintain the organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/scopes to carry out all associated construction and procure appropriate bill of materials (BOM).
- Coordinate workers timesheets, verify hours worked, job allocations and rectify individual issues.
- Train and develop Mechanical Trades staff and leading hands building skills and capability into the company workforce.
- Quality control of trades work with the appropriate level of supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication, ensuring workforce and team are informed of relevant company news, direction, or project changes.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, excellence, ethics, and accountability.
Experience and Requirements
- Construction Trade (highly regarded)
- Demonstrated and proven experience in a similar position (Switchboard Manufacturing)
- Experience of delivering improvements in a manufacturing or related environment
- Tertiary studies in Electrical Engineering (desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Applicants must be eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you have any questions please contact Tayla Jeromson by email Tayla.Jeromson@airswift.com
Airswift is a global workforce solutions provider specializing in oil & gas, power, infrastructure and technology. We serve as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.