Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Sustainability Specialist to join them in Pemba, Mozambique on a 12-month contract.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Ensure support to the implementation and monitoring of Sustainability Projects and activities in Cabo Delgado
- Ensure a good relationship with stakeholders
- Support the evaluation of socio-economic context and identify the needs of the local communities
- Contribute to the definition and development of the Sustainability priorities and activities at local level
- Assist with stakeholder engagement activities at local level
- Maintain a close working relationship with all stakeholders
- Comply with requirements of Safety, Health and Environmental laws of the Country. Obey the Company Policy on Safety, Health and Environment and aim at achieving the Company's HSE strategic objectives. Practice Company's HSE Management System. Provide safe and healthy conditions of work to subordinate personnel and control over compliance by these personnel with safe and labor protection rules and regulations. Ensure that all contractors are competent and fully knowledgeable of Project HSEQ procedures. Prepare the field development strategy, including preliminary contracting strategy and Project HSE Plan. Supervise the preparation of the risk register and the relevant mitigation strategy to address identified uncertainties and managing the risks. Supervise and coordinate the execution of the project activities ensuring that the highest HSE standards are maintained throughout the project. Manage risks related to the development of the project.
- Education at graduate level
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and in local language
- Knowledge of Project Management and in Logical Framework Approach
- Relevant job-related trainings
- HSE (also specific for the role)
- Managerial and Leadership Soft Skills