Airswift has been tasked by one of our Upstream clients to seek a Surveillance Facilitates Engineer to work in Midland, TX for a 12-month contract position.
- Provide technical support to operations for surface facilities within Permian Basin.
- The surveillance Facilities Engineer will be responsible for Surveillance tools development and Operations support.
- Surveillance support includes development and improvement of surveillance tools to streamline data analysis and reporting in order to facilitate decision making.
- Engineer most be proficient or eager to learn skills on data analytics (i.e., Excel, Spotfire, SEEQ, PowerBI, etc).
- Operations support includes facilities surveillance, troubleshooting and debottlenecking.
- Debottlenecking projects are typically initiated to mitigate a safety risk, address a regulatory need, increase capacity or reduce downtime of the facility.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- The role will be based in Midland Texas. Facilities Engineer will report to an engineering manager for day-to-day direction.
- Provide surveillance and operations support for existing and new facilities in the Permian Basin; actively engage field operations staff – dedicating time in the field if needed.
- More than 70% of the time will be focused on surveillance tools development, dashboards, data reconciliation, recording and visualization.
- Focal point for surveillance and data analytic tools (i.e., Excel, Spotfire and SEEQ).
- Bachelor of Engineering in relevant discipline required (i.e., Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, petroleum engineering or related engineering)
- 3+ years of experience on data analysis or surveillance.
- Experience on (or eager to learn) data analytics to streamline surveillance and reporting.
- Knowledgeable in fundamentals of facilities design such as fluid hydraulics, piping design, fixed and rotating equipment design, operation and maintenance, control systems.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment with numerous disciplines.
- Software proficiencies: Spotfire, SEEQ, Microsoft projects, Excel VBA, MS PowerPoint, and SCADA.
- Strong analytic and communication skills.