SURF NDT/AUT ENGINEER
please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Airswift is currently looking for SURF NDT/AUT ENGINEER a as to work with an Oil and Gas operator
Location : Paris
Status : Residential
Start Date : ASAP
Duration : 12 months renewable contract
Department : PBF - SURF Project:
Transversal over multiple PBF projects Block: Block 17, Block 17/06
Projects Duration: 2 years
To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
2. To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his activities.
3. To ensure that state of the art, E&P Angola) referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
4. To work by anticipation.
5. With the spirit of One values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
6. To promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
7. To keep Technical leader and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status. To advise the Project Managers on architecture related actions/decisions.
8. To identify, implement and manage all necessary engineering studies related to SURF NDT.
9. To monitor and control of AUT process qualification and validation at the CONTRACTOR and SUBCONTRACTOR’s premises
10. To monitor and control NDT activities within SURF package (CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTORS and VENDORS)
11. To witness AUT inspections
12. Review and approval of any “Special Processes” related to the NDT discipline
13. To participate to the resolution of any discipline-related problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to review and give recommendation on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to the disciplines.
14. To supervise and control the detailed engineering by timely reviewing the disciplines-related documentation issued by CONTRACTOR (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests...), in order to ensure compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures (when applicable), international norms and standards with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimise costs without impacting required level of Quality and Safety.
15. To raise necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues...
16. To liaise and interface actively with other SURF specialists with regard to the disciplines-related matters and on all engineering, procurement, constructability, operability and maintainability matters, in order to ensure consistency of the work.
17. To be a trouble shooter, to assist Company Representatives at fabrication sites and participate to the resolution of any related-discipline problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to advice on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to his discipline. To participate to the resolution of any discipline-related problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to review and give recommendation on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to the disciplines.
18. To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the SURF Packages Leaders (progress, concerns), and, as a general manner, anticipates problems, optimizes, improves, offers solutions with regards to his discipline.
19. To ensure confidentiality of all the disciplines-related documentation produced (whatever its support).
20. To gather, as requested, ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to the Engineering and Procurement Leader and other E&P entities as required
The SURF PBF package team will work on all the ongoing PBF projects through a SURF transverse organization. The Job holder will work on several projects at different stage at the same time. The job holder shall be able to work easily in a transverse team.
• The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to H3SE rules and requirements and for ensuring their implementation within his/her scope of responsibility
• The job holder will work primarily on CLOV Ph3 and Begonia projects. He will be part of the dedicated team of these projects.
• The job holder will ensure, during detailed engineering, procurement and construction phases, that all deliverables and documents (both internal and external) related to the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of are timely issued and fitted for purpose. He shall ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with Company H3SE requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications with respect to these disciplines. He will review deviations to Company specifications or deviations requests/technical queries • The job holder will participate in the management of disciplines-related engineering interfaces with other concerned disciplines/packages. He is responsible for monitoring the engineering of the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of. He will timely and actively liaise with other specialists of the SURF team in order to ensure consistency of the works. The job holder reports to the SURF Technical Leader
Professional Experience (years): 10 / 15 years in Oil & Gas industry on Offshore / Subsea Projects / Fields Experience in similar position (years): ± 5 years in similar position Level / Diploma: Engineering degree/MSc, or equivalent Specialization: NDE with focus on AUT technique on carbon steel, clad girth welds and digital radiography
Languages: English mandatory
PBF is the brownfield project division of TEPA and benefits from a matrix organization. PBF manages projects from FEED/Basic Engineering to Start-up/ hand-over to Block Field Operation teams.