SURF Package - Contract Engineer - Paris
A global oil & gas company based in Paris is currently recruiting for a SURF Package contract engineer to work in Paris on a new offshore project. This is a 12 months renewable contract and you will be in charge of all the contractual activities linked to Suriname GEDI / Project
1. Take under consideration knowledge of International standard and norms, Company Rules and Specifications (CR’s/GS’s), Project Procedures, etc. related to Contract and Procurement and their application to the GEDI / Project.
2. Be in charge for the contracts of the preparation and management of the contracting process for the contracts to be placed. This includes:
o The preparation of tendering dossiers (General and Particular specifications, Exhibits), the launching of Call For Tenders, the management of the clarification / negotiation phases, the evaluation of contractual and commercial proposals and the issue of final Recommendations To Award.
o The preparation / coordination of the final set of contractual / commercial / technical documentation for these contracts. o The preparation and follow-up of the associated Commitments process (with their registering in the affiliate / Head office tools (ERP (UNISOL) / Contract Data base …)).
3. Manage contractually and commercially the awarded Contracts, and liaise actively with relevant technical specialists for the technical management of Contractors. This includes :
o The management of the process associated with contractual and commercial changes (Change Orders) according to Change Order Procedure and Delegation of Authorities in force, with the coordination of the requests for changes, the participation to Change orders meetings with Contractors and the follow-up of the associated approval process.
o The participation in remuneration process to Contractors thanks to the checking of Contractors progress (in coordination with other GEDI / Project team members (Technical leads, Planning engineers, Cost Controllers, …) and the compilation of Milestone Payment Certificates and Contractors Invoices,
o The participation to meetings with Contractors as requested and as defined in Contracts,
o The participation in the settlement of disputes together with legal, insurance and finance specialists
4. Liaise actively with all concerned technical specialists involved in the technical development / management of said contracts, but also with the Project Control team (mainly Planning, Budget and Cost Control leads) for the development / management of the contracts.
5. Ensure that clear and accurate records of contractual matters are maintained and monitor key dates, against dates defined in the contracts.
6. Support the Budget and Cost Control team in the development of Project Budget and subsequent revisions (as requested) according to actual expenditure versus planned budget, current and potential changes ...
7. Report timely to the to GEDI / Project management highlighting any encountered area of concern.
8. Perform the close-out of the Contracts respecting Affiliate and GEDI / Project procedures
9. Observe and impose strict confidentiality with regard to the Contractual and Commercial documentation managed (Confidentiality Agreement to be signed)
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The activity takes place in the context of the pre-FID phase of a major project in Suriname a land of opportunity, in affiliate being created and whose challenges and scope are currently being defined (appraisal phase in 2021). The Suriname GEDI is a multidisciplinary team that coordinates the development studies on the Deep Water discoveries of offshore Suriname Block 58. The technical challenges the GEDI / Project will face are the reservoirs development and management, the Lease & Operate FPSO (a first for Total) and subsea production/injection system definition. The Suriname GEDI / Project will be developed with the objectives to maximize economical results by optimizing the reserves, the schedule and/or reducing the costs, while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
Duration : 1 year minimum to 5 years after FPSO, SUR and SPS packages contracts award - Location (country/site): France / Paris
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: High experience in Oil & Gas contracts writing, negotiating and managing
- Languages: English and French
- Professional Experience: At least 15 years
- Experience within project: At least 10 years
OTHER OBSERVATIONS An experience in FPSO Lease & Operate will be a great plu