Our client, a major oil & gas company, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Contract Engineer to work in Paris on a Fast-track offshore project, 12 months renewable starting on 1st April 2021. Based in Paris, company offices, then within the main SURF contractor premises after contract award
The successful candidate will manage:
• All tenders for SURF Package: preparation of tender packages and supervision of tenders for FEED and for the EPC contracts.
• All contracts for SURF Package after award: correspondence with Contractors, management of change orders and claims, administration of the SURF Package Contracts database, close-out.
Objectives of the mission are to:
• Ensure the timely delivery of the SURF Package
• Provide an efficient support to the overall SURF Package team
• Support actively the selection of SURF Contractors which will be awarded the execution phase
• Ensure that the bidding processes follow ethics and confidentiality rules
• Ensure that the execution phase of the SURF Package is in line with the contractual requirements and to the best interest of the Project.
Tasks: Manage the contracts for SURF Package for:
• FEED: tender management and administration of the FEED Contract,
• All EPC contracts for the execution phase: preparation, tendering, award, contract execution and close-out. As such, tasks to be performed will be:
• HSE: o Implement HSSE requirements within his area of responsibility.
• Procedures: o Set-up and run the tendering process in accordance with project procedures and specific rules applicable in Angola.
• Internal liaison: o Provide contractual, commercial and administrative recommendations to the SURF Package Manager, to the GEDI Manager and to the Project Control Manager, o Provide internal reporting related to contract activities according to Total Group rules, o Coordinates activities and interfaces with other entities
o Participate to the definition and follow the contractual strategy chosen for the SURF Package,
o Coordinate and organize the preparation of tender processes and documents (ITT packages, bid evaluation criteria, RTA, etc.) in coordination with the SURF Package Manager and in compliance with the standards and Project procedures but also with Project Shareholders and Concessionaire requirements,
o Prepare and implement negotiation strategies with contractors and suppliers and lead negotiations with the support of the SURF Package Manager and of the Project Contract Manager when necessary,
o Ensure that the bid offers are clarified and finalized in a timely and organized manner, o Carry out contractual evaluation of the bid offers until they are acceptable,
o Analyse bid proposals and ensure that they are properly and fairly evaluated,
o Prepare and monitor the validation of contract documents and fill-in contractual information in UNISUP.
• Contracts administration: o Manage correspondence with the Contractors and ensure that responses are given to all letters issued by Contractors when necessary and in a timely manner,
o Ensure that contracts terms and conditions are abided by,
o Analyse claims issued by Contractors and prepare replies for the SURF Package Manager in line with the provisions of the contracts and within the best interests of Total,
o Maintain a log of Change Order (CO) and Potential Change Order (PCO) to be shared with Project Cost Controller, o Check that invoices issued by the contractors are in accordance with the contractual provisions,
o Coordinate the relationship with DARAG and the contractors for the implementation of insurance when necessary,
o Formalize the close-out of the Package from a contractual point of view
• Advanced expertise is required in Contract engineering in the Oil & Gas industry & Contracts management in oil & gas projects execution phase (including claims management and insurance),
o Leading tenders,
o Problem solving and process improvement.
o Fluent English: multicultural context.