Our client, a leading Chemical company, is seeking a Supply Chain Planner to work within their facilities in Research Triangle Park, NC for a 1-year contract.
- Utilize SAP tools to be able to Plan Daily Production, Purchase Raw Materials, and manage Truck and Rail Fleet logistics.
- Developing a production schedule to allow for optimal plant efficiency to meet customer requirements.
- Coordination of raw material and packaging needs including establishing safety stocks, providing forecasts, and managing inventories.
- Work with external suppliers to handle supply issues and improve supplier performance.
- Interacts extensively with internal and external team members of various departments daily
- Provide efficient and accurate supply chain activities to provide support to both internal and external customers.
- 5 years previous experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Engineering, or related experience.
- Leadership of small teams in a production environment.
- Effective working relationships with key sales staff and customers.
- Lean Experience a plus