Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Supply Chain Manager to join them in Monaco or Dubai on a permanent position.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the company's overall supply chain strategy in order to make the procurement and vendor management fluid, compliant and productive. Developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors is a crucial part of the role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy.
- Carry out regular benchmarking of suppliers and perform cost analysis with a view to reducing costs whilst securing high quality material for the company.
- Analyse the aptitude of vendors to perform expected services.
- Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Ensure compliance rules are followed with all vendors.
- Raise to management any identified anomalies.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to land profitable deals.
- Issue/validate/finalise purchase orders in company in-house software PSP.
- Ensure accurate timing of all deliveries.
- Resolve issues as they arise in order to limit any impact on the organization (delivery delays.…)
- Assess, manage and mitigate any risks associated with the supply chain function.
- Collaborate regularly with Commercial, Operations, Finance and any other departments as necessary to ensure an exemplary supply chain service within the organisation.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Evaluate and report on KPIs.
- Train and guide employees within the supply chain department.
- Participate actively in the process to digitalise and automate many supply chain functions within the Company
Skills and requirements:
- BSc degree in engineering or supply chain management. MSc degree in management is a plus.
- Proven working experience (minimum 7 years) as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement within the Oil and Gas or Marine environment.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in reading the market.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of schedules and costs control.
- knowledge of Primavera (P6) and Microsoft project planning software
- Good experience in MS-Excel Software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Project Controls