Airswift has been tasked by one of its major clients to find an experienced Subsurface & 20K Cost Controller to join their team, working in Houston, TX.
During this FEED phase, the position holder shall be responsible for managing the Wells and Drilling/Completion, the Geosciences and the 20K package costs through integration of cost data and cost control processes (i.e. cost reporting, forecasts, commitments, budgets, VOWD, variance analysis, contingencies, period close & reconciliation, earned value progress, trend analysis, etc.) and tools by working with project stakeholders (i.e. project management & leads, HQ, Finance & JVA, vendors & subcontractors, partners, etc.). The job holder will perform this work in accordance with Corporate, TEPUSA and Project rules, guidelines and procedures. "
Overall responsibility for all Drilling & Wells, Geosciences and 20K package cost control activities including:
- Review, monitor and analyze committed, expended, earned values, and forecasted costs for package against approved budget and approved changes
- Stands together by coordinating with Project Team Leads to review data to ensure commitments, schedule requirements, and risk items are accurately represented in the project forecast
- Prepare cost reports; ensure variances, incurred, committed, budgets, and forecasted costs are properly explained and communicated to the project team
- Track use of contingency, management reserve, and approved changes to project budget
- Analyze, track, and report project (or contract specific) financial KPIs, and communicate their status to the project team
- Participate in project meetings when required; gather, prepare, and analyze data for Risk Assessments; ensure risk information is incorporated into the project forecast
- Support contracts and procurements for bidding, tendering, contract selection, and change management as required
- Manage procurement to pay process including ensuring invoices are paid timely
- Document processes and procedures as required by project or HQ directives
- Identify opportunities for improvement to forecasting and other project cost control methodologies and document as lessons learned
- Promote a culture of safety, health, and environment
- Participate in project digitalization to promote efficiencies, synergies, and simplification
- The role will evolve into a package cost control role for the Project Execution phase.
- The job holder will have to liaise actively with Project Management and related Drilling, Geosciences and 20K Package and Line Managers for the performance of the above duties.
- The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within the said area of responsibility.
- Bachelors degree in Business management or similar
- 5+ years of experience in major oil and gas project cost control
Required Skills /Certifications:
- Deep water developments, Drilling & Completions, Geosciences knowledge and experience
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Requires team spirit with ability to work closely with various stakeholders including but not limited to diverse international teams, vendors & subcontractors, affiliates, HQ, etc.
- Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
- Knowledgeable and experienced with cost engineering principles and methods including budgeting and forecasting, change management, management systems/procedures, Cost and Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems and contingency management.
- PMP, CPA, AACEi certification a plus