Our Client an EPC Company are looking for a Subsea Engineering Manager to be based in their project office in Paris, France. The role will be offered with a long term contract, negotiable daily rate and a travel and accommodation package.
As Subsea Engineering Manager you’ll provide subsea engineering knowledge for a large and complex deepwater FPSO project in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Reviews and supervises the efforts of the subsea engineering personnel.
- Ensures the proper staffing levels are maintained with qualified subsea engineering personnel to support the Company’s asset development.
- Ensures subsea engineering personnel are following established engineering and design procedures in accordance with all applicable codes, standards, rules and regulations.
- Manages subsea engineering progress while maintaining project schedules, controlling cost, and monitoring the quality of all deliverables.
- Reviews all subsea project studies, analyses, drawings and documents prior to formal issue.
- Drive progress of the subsea engineering scope throughout the project phases and ensure the equipment delivered meets the project requirements such as functional specifications, schedule, cost, production ramp-up, operability, reliability and availability.
- Review Contractor’s documentation during fabrication/construction activities, ensuring the quality of the work is in accordance to the contract requirements.
- Ensure the subsea equipment is installed correctly via thorough review of installation and pre-commissioning procedures and that interfaces with all project team personnel are properly and effectively managed.
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Company’s guidelines and policies.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and technical authorities to deliver quality and seamless service as needed.
- Degree in Engineering
- Extensive experience gained as a Major Project Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of offshore deepwater FPSO installations and developments
- Technical Professional with broad knowledge of deepwater subsea engineering design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater FPSO project involving subsea engineering design and installation.
- Detailed understanding of Subsea design codes (mandatory)
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.