Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Subsea Designer to work in their facilities located in Suresnes, Paris, France under a 6 month contract with possible extension.
Based within the Design & Analysis Department of Global Project Centre in Suresnes, FR, you will be producing 2D/3D models, procedural and design drawing for the fabrication of subsea structures and ancillaries for subsea installation of SPS and SURF as well as pipeline design related drawings.
- Prepare design/fabrication drawings of steel structures and piping (P&IDs/Isometrics) using AutoCAD and Inventor software
- Prepare pipeline related drawings like field layouts, alignment sheets, approach drawings, crossing
- Design/Model subsea structures and equipment using 3D Inventor software for Fabrication Drawings, Conceptual and FEED Studies
- Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for designs and drawings and to develop clash free designs
- Assist in the identification of technical problems and contribute with possible solutions
- Conduct self-check on drawing/sketches and undertake checking of others work in a project or department environment within own experience and competence level
- Prepare drawings and sketches consistent with good engineering practice and in compliance with company drawing office procedures.
- Assist Fabrication as required in the resolution of construction difficulties relating to design problems, clashes, etc.
- Provide feedback and input to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines
- Technical education preferably related to civil and structural engineering
- Ability to function within a multiple disciplines design team across multiple projects.
- Good communication skills in French and English, both verbally and written.
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Technical knowledge and interest in subsea engineering
- Ability to prioritise and organise work
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Trained in the use of AutoCAD 2D/3D
- Trained in the use of Inventor 3D
- Experience in design/drafting of (subsea) steel structures including piping and/or pipelines
- Experience in other non-technical software e.g. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working in a Subsea engineering environment and/or offshore operations.
- Experience working with offshore field layouts and route planning and general subsea field development
- 3 - 6 years’ experience in design/engineering of steel structure and/or pipelines
- Use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Vault for data (drawings/models) management
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.