Subsea Control System Engineer. Airswift. Maputo, Mozambique.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Subsea Control System Engineer to work within their facilities in Maputo, Mozambique on a 1-year contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- To review and approve the specification, design, and supply (by Contractor) of subsea umbilical, distribution and control systems, ensuring that Project requirements, industry standards and best practices for safety, reliability and cost are met.
- To ensure the performance, installability and operability of the umbilical, distribution and control Systems, Subsea Production Xmas Trees, subsea Injection Xmas Trees, subsea tie-in systems and subsea structures (manifolds, suction piles and SDU).
- To ensure that all necessary technical interfaces with other systems or activities belonging to the Project are always considered by the contractor.
- Perform Site inspection and interfacing with the Contractor.
- To ensure delivery of the subsea equipment including umbilical with the Project schedule and objectives.
- To assist the preparation of user manual and installation procedure by Contractor and assist installation campaign.
- To interface with Project Interface coordinator to manage and expedite all the Contractor interfaces with other Project Contractors
- Review of Contractors’ subsea umbilical, distribution and control systems design and preparation of comment sheets.
- Resolving ongoing technical issues concerning all aspects of subsea control equipment
- Monitoring and reporting technical progress to the SPS Work Package Manager.
- Ensure that all internal and external Interfaces (especially with FPSO) are correctly managed by Contractor.
- 5 years of Oil & Gas Industry experience.
- 3 years of instrumentation and automation experience (5 preferable).
- 3 years of unbonded umbilical/ flexible pipe design manufacturing and installation (5 preferable)
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.