Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Structural Topside Discipline Lead Engineer to work in their facilities located in Schiedam, Netherlands under a 12-month contract (possible extension).
In your role of you are responsible for leading the Structural Topsides team. You and your team will be responsible for making sound structural design of offshore topsides structures, such as FPSO modules, helidecks, flare towers and hull integrations.
Your team will be responsible to provide design calculations, 3D modelling, construction drawings and MTO’s for offshore structures. Your team may consist of engineers and designers from different regional offices. You will be interfacing with clients, project management, other disciplines, procurement, construction, classification bureau's and subcontractors.
Our client is looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Mechanical, Civil, Offshore, Naval or Aerospace Engineering with the specialization in structural analysis of offshore topside structures. You have approximately 10 years experience in the structural offshore engineering, of which 4 years in a leading role.
Furthermore you have:
- Strong management skills
- Good initiative, creative thinking and you are a team leader
- In-depth experience and sound technical knowledge of structural analysis of topside structures in conceptual, basic and detailed design
- Preferably you have experience in Engineering & Design of topside facilities of floating production units (FSO's, FPSO's, FLMG’s, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Good knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. piping, topside integrations and other equipment integrations
- Familiar with rules of classification societies, knowledge and experience with structural design software, like GeniE, SACS, Staad Pro
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel.