Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Principal Structural Hull Engineer to join them in Schiedam, the Netherlands, on a 1-year (with great possibility of extension) contract.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
In your role of Principal Structural Hull Engineer you are responsible for leading the Structural Hull team. The team consists of structural hull engineers and structural hull designers.
You and your team will be responsible to:
- provide structural analysis
- 3D modelling
- construction drawings and construction support for offshore units
- you will be interfacing with clients, project management, other disciplines, procurement, construction, classification bureau's and subcontractors.
- MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e., Professional Certification) in Offshore Structures / Naval Architecture with the specialism of structural analysis of floating structures
- Approximately 10 years of relevant working experience in the field of floating structural design, of which 3 years in the leading role
- Strong communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of floating structure process, from the conceptual phase to the construction phase.
- Good experience and technical knowledge of structural analysis of global and local hull structures.
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e. ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds).
- Experience in Engineering of floating units in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. mooring structure integrations, topside Integrations and other equipment integrations.
- Preferably you have experience with ABS hull software ISE/TSA and finite element software FEMAP
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written)