Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Structural Engineer to work within their facilities located in Tempe, AZ for an 11-month contract.
As a Lead Structural Engineer, you will work for medium-sized projects, or as a Sub-Lead for larger projects. You will be an integral member of the design team, counted on to perform a significant portion of Structural analysis and design for our projects.
- Under general supervision competently performs all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis:
- With guidance and direction, develop judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Develop engineering judgment and problem-solving skills, not hesitating to reach out to others for guidance or confirmation when questions arise
- Develop knowledge of principles and practices of seismic design, including the ability to apply required provisions of the building code
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Committed to checking your own work, reaching out to peers and seniors for guidance when questions arise
- Perform calculation checking of other engineers' work
- Take responsibility for managing workload, make and keep commitments, and take full ownership of assigned work:
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- You may be given tasks with ill-defined conditions of satisfaction; in which case you will be expected to take the initiative to determine what is needed to meet the project and client needs.
- Clearly define you own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast the level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Recognize when help is needed, reaching out to peers and senior engineers for guidance
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail.
- Able to perform field walks. Though not common, this may include climbing ladders, crawling under raised access floors, or walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- This position may require you to either work in the local office or from your home office.
- You may be asked to support work for/in other offices (possibly including Temporary Duty Assignments)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in structural engineering.
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC.
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in structural engineering.
- Professional Engineer License or able to obtain within 6 months.
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures.
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities.
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam.