Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients, a major Engineering company, to seek a Structural Engineer (Remote) to join them for a 12-month contract.
See more details below:
- a Structural Engineering, you will be an integral member of the design team, counted on to perform a significant portion of Structural analysis and design for our projects. As part of this team, you will help develop design concepts, complete the analysis and design, and work with our Designers to get the structural requirements communicated on paper and in the model. This position may require you to serve as a Lead Structural Engineer for medium-sized projects, or as a Sub-Lead for larger projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With little or no supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis:
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Exercise sound engineering judgment and problem-solving skills, not hesitating to reach out to others for guidance or confirmation when questions arise.
- Possess knowledge of principles and practices of seismic design, including the ability to apply required provisions of the building code.
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Committed to checking your own work, and reaching out to peers and seniors for guidance when questions arise.
- Perform calculation checking of other engineers' work.
- Take responsibility for managing workload, make and keep commitments, and take full ownership of assigned work:
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- You may be given tasks with ill-defined conditions of satisfaction, in which case you will be expected to take the initiative to determine what is needed to meet the project and client needs.
- Clearly define your own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast the level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Recognize when help is needed, reaching out to peers and senior engineers for guidance.
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail
- Developing leadership skills:
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and/or mentorship to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers.
- Be proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within the structural discipline. Embrace emerging technologies.
- As a Lead Structural Engineer for an assigned project:
- Lead a team of Structural Engineers and Designers in the development of calculations, specifications, construction drawings, and the structural model.
- Fully understand all structural scope, recognize how that scope is both generated and impacted by other disciplines, and identify scope change.
- Develop and manage schedule, budget, and staffing forecasts for the structural scope.
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help the team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
- May be asked to act as the stamping Engineer of Record.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the deliverables, including calculations and all construction documents.
- Participate in and champion internal, cross-discipline, and external project quality reviews.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineer License (PE) preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Structural engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineer License (SE)
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam