Our client, a great engineering company, is looking for a Structural Engineering Professional to work on a 12-months assignment in Albany, NY.
- You will be an integral member of the design team, counted on to perform a significant portion of Structural analysis and design for our projects.
- Help develop design concepts, complete the analysis and design, and work with our Designers to get the structural requirements communicated on paper and in the model.
- Under general supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis
- Perform calculation checking of other engineers' work.
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and/or mentorship to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers
- Be proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within the structural discipline.
- Lead a team of Structural Engineers and Designers in the development of calculations, specifications, construction drawings, and the structural model.
- Develop and manage schedule, budget, and staffing forecasts for the structural scope
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Structural engineering
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineer License (SE)
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam