Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join their team on a 1-year contract working in Portland, OR.
This position may require you to serve as a Lead Structural Engineer for medium sized projects, or as a Sub-Lead for larger projects.
- Perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis:
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Exercise sound engineering judgement and problem-solving skills
- Possess knowledge of principles and practices of seismic design, including ability to apply required provisions of the building code.
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Perform calculation checking of other engineers' work.
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- You may be given tasks with ill-defined conditions of satisfaction, in which case you will be expected to take the initiative to determine what is needed to meet the project and client needs.
- Clearly define you own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and/or mentorship to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers.
- As a Lead Structural Engineer for an assigned project:
- Lead a team of Structural Engineers and Designers in the development of calculations, specifications, construction drawings, and the structural model.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the deliverables, including calculations and all construction documents.
- Participate in and champion internal, cross-discipline, and external project quality reviews.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Structural engineering
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineer License (SE)
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam