Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join their team on a 1-year contract working in Portland, OR.
As a Structural Engineering Professional, you will be an integral member of the design team, counted on to assist in the performance of Structural analysis and design for several projects.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis:
- With guidance and direction, develop judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Develop engineering judgement and problem-solving skills, not hesitating to reach out to others for guidance or confirmation when questions arise
- Develop knowledge of principles and practices of seismic design, including ability to apply required provisions of the building code
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Committed to checking your own work, reaching out to peers and seniors for guidance when questions arise
- Perform calculation checking of other engineers' work
- Take responsibility for managing workload, make and keep commitments, and take full ownership of assigned work:
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements
- You may be given tasks with ill-defined conditions of satisfaction, in which case you will be expected to take the initiative to determine what is needed to meet the project and client needs
- Clearly define you own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Recognize when help is needed, reaching out to peers and senior engineers for guidance
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail
Previous experience and education required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in structural engineering
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam