Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Structural Engineer (Topsides) to work in their facilities located in Schiedam - Netherlands, under a 12 month contract.
Job Title: Structural Engineer (Topsides)
Location: Schiedam - Netherlands
Duration of services: 12 months
In your role of Structural Topside Engineer you are responsible for making structural design calculations of offshore topsides structures, such as modules, helidecks, flare towers and hull integrations. The design calculations are made using Finite Element software, in-house developed software or hand calculations. You will work with structural designer, other disciplines, procurement, construction teams and operations to deliver high-quality and cost-effective designs of company’s products. You will particularly focus on FPSOs & FLNG products, but you will also be directly involved in proposals and pre-FEED studies of new concepts related to FPSO & FLNG designs and technology developments.
- MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Mechanical, Civil, Offshore, Naval or Aerospace Engineering with the specialization in structural analysis of offshore topside structures. You have at least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- In-depth experience and sound technical knowledge of structural analysis of topside structures in conceptual, basic and detailed design;
- Preferably you have experience in Engineering & Design of topside facilities of floating production units (FSO's, FPSO's, FLMG’s, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry;
- Good knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. piping discipline, topside integrations and other equipment integrations;
- Familiar with rules of classification societies, knowledge and experience with structural design software, like GeniE, SACS, Staad Pro;
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written);
- Good initiative, creative thinking and you are a team player;
- Willingness to travel.
- DNV GeniE software;
- Fluent in English
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Yasmin Lelot