Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Structural to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for an initial 4-month contract.
Within this position you will be responsible for supporting the front-end delivery, development, and construction of offshore wind projects, focused on performing and reviewing offshore structural designs.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Oversee supplier’s fabrication plan maturation, including labor productivity, supply chain, foundation staging, foundation launching
- Deliver experience to support risk identification (Opportunities & Threats) and assessment reviews
- Provide design guidance and technical verification of the turbine foundations.
- Identify duties required within engineering scopes to advance foundation definition to meet internal milestones
- Prepare schedules and cost estimates for foundations
- Support preparation of weekly and monthly status, progress, and forecast updates
Previous education and experience required:
- 7+ experience in Civil or Structural Engineering and Construction Projects
- B.Sc degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar
- Knowledge of the abilities of US and European contractors in offshore wind
Ability to travel every other month to a separate Atlantic Shores or parent office for 3-5 days at a time
85% office – 15% offsite