Airswift has been tasked by one of our major American Engineering clients to seek a Structural Engineer to work within their facilities located in Greenville, SC for an initial 6-month contract, likely to be extended.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Assist other engineers by performing the various aspects of structural engineering assignments
- Assist diverse teams of engineers and designers either on small capital projects in areas within larger capital projects, or large capital projects
- Liaise with other internal professionals and design departments for project delivery and coordinate designs
- Perform a variety of analyses, creating computer models for structures, performing calculations for member designs and foundations, material take-offs for estimating, preparation of miscellaneous calculations, assisting with schedules, etc.
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years history in structural engineering
- Ability to support teams to deliver commitments on schedule and on budget while meeting quality and client expectations
- Proficiency with MS Office suite software
- Knowledge of Structural 3D analysis software such as STAAD
- Knowledge and application of ACI, AISC, ASCE 7, and other industry-relevant design code and standards