Our Client a Major Oil & Gas Contractor require a Structural Engineer to join the Engineering division. You will provide structural engineering services to the company, and its customers and may provide technical support and supervision within the structural team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Deliver technical engineering deliverables that meet company’, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
· Responsible for supporting the lead structural engineer in the technical delivery of structural related elements relating to various project including design of material handling structures, underground concrete works, onshore LNG structural steelwork as well as general non-processing infrastructure structures.
· Perform tasks such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- clarification of project scope and identify changes to the lead structural engineer as per project change management processes;
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Support technical development of solutions, recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
- Participates in bid clarifications, conducts bid evaluations, completes inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and finalizes other certification activities.
· If required, supervise structural drafting to deliver project requirements under direction of a lead structural engineer.
· Where opportunities arise, support the lead structural engineer on specific projects where the responsibility include
- Scope management
- Promotion of workshare between various company offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement
· Proactively resolve any discrepancies between company and its Customer's requirements.
· Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
· Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
· Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 5 years plus experience in structural engineering design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector
- Previous experience in either mining or onshore LNG projects is desirable but not essential
- Familiar with finite element program will be advantageous
- Familiar with software such as MicroStation and AutoCAD would be beneficial
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact Han Yeang on +61 8 6146 4343