Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek for a Structural Discipline Specialist to join them on a 12 month contract to work remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis:
- With guidance and direction, develop judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Develop engineering judgement and problem-solving skills, not hesitating to reach out to others for guidance or confirmation when questions arise
- Develop knowledge of principles and practices of seismic design, including ability to apply required provisions of the building code
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Perform calculation checking of other engineers' work
- Take responsibility for managing workload, make and keep commitments, and take full ownership of assigned work:
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements
- Clearly define you own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Recognize when help is needed, reaching out to peers and senior engineers for guidance
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Able to perform field walks. Though not common, this may include climbing ladders, crawling under raised access floors, or walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- This position may require you to either work in the local office or from your home office.
- You may be asked to support work for/in other offices (possibly including Temporary Duty Assignments)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance