Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Structural Designer (Topsides) to work in their facilities located in Schiedam, Netherlands under a 1-year contract (with extensions).
In your role of Structural Topside Engineer you are responsible for making structural design calculations of offshore topsides structures, such as modules, helidecks, flare towers and hull integrations. The design calculations are made using Finite Element software, in-house developed software or hand calculations. You will work with structural designer, other disciplines, procurement, construction teams and operations to deliver high-quality and cost-effective designs of the company's products. You will particularly focus on the company's FPSOs & FLNG products, but you will also be directly involved in proposals and pre-FEED studies of new concepts related to FPSO & FLNG designs and technology developments.
The client is looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Mechanical, Civil, Offshore, Naval or Aerospace Engineering with the specialization in structural analysis of offshore topside structures. You have at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
Furthermore you have:
- FPSO concept design background (not only EPC but also concept/pre-FEED)
- AVEVA E3D experience.
- In-depth experience and sound technical knowledge of structural analysis of topside structures in conceptual, basic and detailed design.
- Preferably you have experience in Engineering & Design of topside facilities of floating production units (FSO's, FPSO's, FLMG’s, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Good knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. piping discipline, topside integrations and other equipment integrations.
- Familiar with rules of classification societies, knowledge and experience with structural design software, like GeniE, SACS, Staad Pro.
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written).
- Good initiative, creative thinking and you are a team player.
- Willingness to travel.