Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek for a Structural Design Technician Senior to join them on 12-month contract in Portland, OR.
* This is a hybrid work model, where you work remotely with occasional visits to the job site *
- Is proficient in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in steel and concrete structures. Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the Structural Engineer using established workflows.
- Takes complete ownership of their portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
- Able to mentor junior designers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- This position may require you to serve as a Lead Designer. Provide leadership for a small team of designers, establishing project standards and procedures, training and developing your team, and building and maintaining team morale.
- Coordinate the work of the designer team, assigning work, balancing workloads, monitoring progress towards deadlines, and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Take responsibility for internal, cross-discipline, and external project reviews.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of drafting/design experience in the Structural field
- Minimum of 3 year of Revit experience
- Minimum of 3 years of AutoCAD design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent
- 12 years of drafting/design experience in the Structural field
- 4 years of Revit experience
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam