Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Downstream client to seek for an Structural Design Technician to join them on 12-months contract in Hillsboro, OR.
- Primary job responsibility is to perform field walks on client site.
- Create easy to read field notes, detailed sketches or redlined design drawings of existing field conditions.
- Coordinate field documentation with related disciplines to support design development, resolve problems and avoid clashes.
- Highly focused on quality, checking your own work to ensure conformance with established discipline standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Take complete ownership of their portion of the scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
- Performing field observations and taking detailed notes.
- This position will primarily be based on the client site.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of drafting/design experience in the Structural engineering field.
- Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD design experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent.
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures.
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities.
- Experience in general construction.
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam.