Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Structural Designer to work within their facilities located in Hillsboro, OR for an 11-month contract.
As a Tool Install Structural Design Site Coordinator, you will be part of a fast-paced team focused on providing the structural requirements for installing tools used to manufacture semiconductor wafers, including designing pedestals, equipment anchorage, and utility supports. Working with other engineers and designers of our multi-discipline team, you’ll convey field conditions to the design team utilizing notes, sketches, and marked-up drawings. You may periodically attend review meetings with clients and construction trade partners, taking notes and reporting back to the design teams.
- Primary job responsibility is to perform field walks on the client site.
- Create easy-to-read field notes, detailed sketches, or redlined design drawings of existing field conditions.
- Coordinate field documentation with related disciplines to support design development, resolve problems and avoid clashes.
- Focus on quality, checking your work to ensure conformance with established discipline standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Take complete ownership of their portion of the scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Remote, for now, could eventually be on-site in Hillsboro, OR.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to read and understand design drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience performing field observations and note-taking.
- General construction background.
- Experience in the structural engineering field.
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities.
- College Coursework on AutoCAD, or at least 1 year of AutoCAD design experience.
- Experience with Bluebeam.