Our client, a major Engineering company, is looking for a Structural Design Technician Intermediate position to work on a 6 months contract to work REMOTELY.
- Be responsible for preparing detailed construction drawings for steel and reinforced concrete structures using structural specifications, engineering calculations, sketches, detailed drawings, and design information according to project standards and procedures.
- You’ll be a key team member in coordinating with other discipline designers such as mechanical, electrical, piping and project team members to ensure a complete and timely production of drawing packages, spreadsheets, and databases to document information related to design.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the Structural Engineer using established workflows.
- Takes complete ownership of their portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Delegates to junior staff when appropriate.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
- Able to mentor junior designers by as-sisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
- Main Requirements:
- Advanced working knowledge of Intergraph Smart Plant 3D.
- Technical school with CAD and structural drafting/design focus.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting/design of steel and reinforced concrete.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite software including MS Teams for remote coordination.
- Excellent conceptual and design process skills and fluency in 3D modelling.
- Proficiency in either, or both, of the following CAD software applications: AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Typical travel requirement to various clients sites for this role is estimated at 10% to 20% of the time.
Job locationGreenville, United States of America
Principal Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Job Title Principal Instrumentation Engineer Location Glasgow / Grangemouth Employment PAYE 12-month Contract Intended Start Date August 2022 Company Description 48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 1...
Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Job Title Senior Instrumentation Engineer Location Glasgow / Grangemouth Employment PAYE - 12-month contract No. of Vacancies 1 Intended Start Date August 2022 Company Description 48,000 people. 49...
Risk Management Section Lead
Airswift is seeking to invite a Section Lead Risk Management to consider joining the Risk Management Team in Project Controls in the oil and gas industry. Responsibilities: Draft and implement ris...