Airswift is seeking a Structural Design Technician to work for our client in Manassas, VA for a 1-year contract.
Will be integral member of the design team, using strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with Structural Engineers, other disciplines, and construction trade partners. As part of this team, the candidate will develop design concepts, create the model from scratch, and coordinate designs using clash detection tools to resolve both real and modeled conflicts.
- Is proficient in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in steel and concrete structures. Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the Structural Engineer using established workflows.
- Takes complete ownership of their portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Able to mentor junior designers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Able to perform field walks. Though not common, this may include climbing ladders, crawling under raised access floors, or walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- You may be asked to support work for/in other offices (possibly including Temporary Duty Assignments)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance