Our client, a major Engineering Group, is looking for a Structural Design Technician on a 2 months contract assignment (likely to be extended).
- Proficient in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in steel and concrete structures.
- Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers.
- Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines using established workflows.
- Takes complete ownership of their portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Delegates to junior staff when appropriate.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines.
- Able to mentor junior designers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met. Working Conditions and Physical Requirements.
- This position will require you to work from your home office. Suitable work environment and minimum internet speeds of 25 Mb download / 5 Mb upload as measured with a utility such as speedtest.net are expected and will not be reimbursed by Jacobs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of drafting/design experience in the Structural field
- College coursework on Revit, or a minimum of 3 years of Revit experience
- Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD design experience
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent
- 3 years of Revit experience
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam