Our client, a great engineering company, is looking for a Structural Design Technician to work on a 12-months assignment in Albany, NY.
- Determine how to best convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. T
- Develop design concepts, create the model from scratch, and coordinate designs using clash detection tools to resolve both real and modeled conflicts.
- Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs - 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in steel and concrete structures.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers.
- Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the Structural Engineer using established workflows
- Provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
- This position may require you to serve as a Lead Designer. Coordinate the work of the designer team, assigning work, balancing workloads, monitoring progress towards deadlines, and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Coordinate work executed out of remote offices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of drafting/design experience in the Structural field
- Minimum of 1 year of Revit experience
- Minimum of 3 years of AutoCAD design experience
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent
- 3 years of Revit experience
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam