Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find an Structural Design Technician (Lead Designer) to join their team on a 1-year contract working in Portland, OR.
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Is proficient in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in steel and concrete structures. Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the Structural Engineer using established workflows.
- Able to mentor junior designers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
- This position may require you to serve as a Lead Designer. In this role, you will be further expected to:
- Provide leadership for a small team of designers, establishing project standards and procedures, training and developing your team, and building and maintaining team morale.
- Coordinate the work of the designer team, assigning work, balancing workloads, monitoring progress towards deadlines, and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Coordinate work executed out of remote offices.
- Take responsibility for internal, cross-discipline, and external project reviews.
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help your team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of Revit experience
- Minimum of 3 years of AutoCAD design experience
Nice To have
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent
- 3 years of Revit experience
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam