Our major client is seeking a Station Captain/ Air Resources Technician to work within their facilities located in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska's North Slope for a 12-month assignment.
- Commands all firefighting, lifesaving and fire prevention operations on the North Slope at the client's Alaska’s Assets there; sets up command post at fire or accident scenes; may set up or assume multiple command posts at a single incident; supervises overhaul and salvage operations.
- Wears a respirator (SCBA) in order to safely perform fire-fighting operations or perform rescues in conditions where smoke or gases may be present; duties may require an Assistant Chief to wear a SCBA thirty (30) minutes to several hours at one time.
- Supervises administrative details; administers discipline. Makes daily staffing assessment for all stations; rotates personnel as needed.
- Working with Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chiefs, approves requests for equipment, supplies and repairs. Inspects, tests, and evaluates new types of firefighting equipment, recommends types, kinds and quantities of each for future procurement; establishes standard methods of use for equipment.
- Supervises training operations for companies, individuals, and recruits as the evaluation officer. Participates in annual training sessions such as confined space and high-angle rescue; reviews and reports on drills.
- Puts together training evolutions for EOA or other assigned areas.
- When needed and assigned, supervises fire investigations, including arson investigations and any fire investigation.
- Working with Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chiefs, supervises the receiving and transmitting of fire alarms, and other emergency messages and the dispatching of fire equipment and personnel.
- When needed, supervises all aspects of Emergency Scenes using the Incident Command System.
- Working with Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chiefs, establishes and monitors training programs and office procedures regarding staffing, record keeping, inspections, and fire tactics.
- Working with Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chiefs, supervises emergency response team; interacts with federal and outside agencies.
- Completes all necessary reports, correspondence, and documentation as required in the performance of assigned duties.
- May rotate to assume Fire Chief Duties or Assistant Fire Chief duties in charge of all Fire Department operations.
- Be willing to become MSA SCBA technician as soon as possible, to be able to perform daily, monthly and annual maintenance of all SCBA equipment.
- Within one year become a State of Alaska Level II portable fire extinguisher technician.
- Function as Rescue Captain during emergency responses, fire ground operations and training exercises.
- Function as SPOC to ensure rescue truck is out timely with personnel and equipment during an emergency response.
- Function as Rescue Captain and the on-site authority for confined space, high technical rescue for the fire department.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 5 years of experience with Emergency Response on Alaska North Slope or 10 years’ experience with municipal fire department in an officer position or above not on Alaska’s North Slope.
- State of Alaska Firefighter I or Firefighter II
- State of Alaska EMTI or ability to get it within 1 year
- State of Alaska Fire Instructor
Nice to have:
- An associate of Applied Science degree in Fire Command and Administration;
- A four-year accredited college degree;
- An accredited graduate degree; in Public Service, IE Fire Science, Para-Medicine etc.