Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek a Startup Engineer to work in Claremont, CA for a long-term contract position.
Startup Engineer, reporting directly to Senior Manager of Plant Startup and Commissioning to join the Process Technology team.
- Develop Design and Operating Manuals, take part in P&ID reviews, with specific attention to Safety, Maintenance, Commissioning, Start-Up & Operations.
- Take active participation in Hazop Studies. Prepare System and Pressure Test P&ID’s under the supervision and guidance of a senior engineer.
- Prepare Pre-commissioning /Commissioning/Start Up schedules.
- Review Cause and Effect Matrix and control documents to ensure safe plant responses to upsets.
- Uphold standards of Safety, Quality, applicable codes, and industry standards and practices.
- Advise clients in the Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Start-Up & Operation of the Company range of processes.
- Supervision of performance guarantee tests.
- Willingness to travel (possibility 50% of the time away from home).
- Process/Chemical Engineer degree with some experience in one of the following industries: Oil and Gas, Petrochemicals, Fluosolids.
- Or 5-10 years experience in SMR H2 production, Ammonia Plant, Ethylene Pyrolysis Plant. With technical qualifications such as Chemical Plant Operation Certificates, Steam Boiler Certifications, HNC, etc.
- Proficient communication and technical writing skills.
- Willing to spend extended periods at the job site when on Field Assignments (potentially 12 weeks International, 6 weeks Domestic).
- Be prepared to travel at short notice in emergencies.