Our client is hiring a Staff Engineer (Projects) to join their team in Corpus Christi, LA, for one of our top clients in the Oil and Gas sector.
Understanding of all facets of the engineering, procurement, construction, and operation of world class midstream and LNG liquefaction plants, including health, safety, quality, logistics, project controls, human resources, plant operating and maintenance procedures, governmental regulations, and associated codes and standards. Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes and the methods used to keep process facilities safe. In-depth knowledge of LNG process engineering. Experience and knowledge with US FERC/PHMSA regulatory requirements. Exposure and familiarity to Chart liquefaction process would be an advantage.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- During Detailed Engineering, provide Company Engineering design input to the EPC contractor and subcontractors for adherence to LNG codes and other standards that provides safe, reliable, optimized constructability, and cost effectiveness to build, operate and maintain.
- Lead, supervise and participate on a multi-discipline team of Engineers that provide Company Engineering support to the design control strategy for LNG plant, plant equipment, facilities, infrastructure, and construction of the project.
- Participate in the review of the P&ID’s, PFD’s, other design drawings and project specifications to ensure compliance with the Project requirements.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis, HAZOPS and other formal hazard assessment groups.
- Assist with developing responses to questions from regulators including FERC/PHMSA
- At the Construction Site, provide Company supervision to the safe work of the EPC contractor and subcontractors, adherence to approved designs, project specifications, schedule and budget that comply with safety and environmental regulations/procedures, and other statutory requirements.
- During Construction, lead the Management of Change process for all plant modifications, review and approve changes through the change order process and verify that documents and drawings are up to date.
- Monitor installation of vendor packages against design guarantees and warranties and monitor equipment performance during commissioning.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Education and Certifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering related discipline, preferably chemical engineering, is required and Professional Engineering License in good standing with at least one state is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 10+ years related experience in the EPC industry, with at least 7 years of experience on LNG projects.
- Detail oriented and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.