Check the requirements below:
The Contract Sr. Systems Engineer - Cloud supports efforts to optimize performance in a multiple architecture environment. They will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, makes appropriate decisions to handle system errors that are either detected through monitoring and/or reported from the user community
- Uses judgment and must consistently demonstrate creativity and innovation to find solutions to multi-faceted and/or time sensitive, complex problems
- Must make timely decisions to handle downtime situations that could impact productivity as a result of system failures
- Support and maintain AWS Cloud Infrastructure environments
- Support and maintain Azure Cloud Infrastructure environments
- Support and maintain VMWare Infrastructure environments
- Develop and maintain PowerShell Scripts to automate day to day tasks in the Cloud
- Support and maintain Enterprise Monitoring Infrastructure (Logic Monitor)
- Provide recommendations for optimizing existing Cloud deployments
- Provide expertise in troubleshooting virtualization and OS performance issues
- Implement Cloud testing and migration plans set by Infrastructure Architect
- Support and maintain MS Windows and Linux server Infrastructure in Cloud and On-prem
- Carry out regular checks on the status of servers from a hardware and software standpoint
- Develop and maintain documentation for covering installations, procedures and configuration of systems
- Handle escalation support from Desktop Services and server related issues.
- Completing service requests from customers in the form of change requests.
- Work closely with the IT Infrastructure Architect to provide the day to day technical leadership.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Follows and advocates change management procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience required
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Must exhibit initiative to bring project to fruition with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to fulfill responsibilities after normal business hours when necessary
- Must have the ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of the enterprise business and process; business unit functions and cross-group dependencies / relationships
- Ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies, develop client proposals; including estimates for costs, time and resources, prepare statistical reports, and complete cost/benefit analysis
- Experience with the following software and technology:
- AWS and Azure Cloud administration
- MS Windows and Linux servers
- PowerShell Scripting and Automation
- Infrastructure Enterprise Monitoring
- Logic Monitor is a plus
- Cisco Switches and Routers is a plus
- SCMM, SQL, Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, and DHCP
- General knowledge of Citrix Cloud is a plus