One of our clients, subsidiary of Qatar Petroleum Offshore Department, is hiring for Sr. Process Engineer / Production Excellence on contract and residential role to be based in Qatar on initial contract of 12 months (renewable yearly).
The Senior Process Engineer / Production Excellence Engineer is responsible for assessing and drive progression of all opportunities that improve operational efficiency (reduce shortfalls, increase production etc), production improvements and threats and welfare.
Preparing the business case Decision Support Package (DSP) for each opportunity and presenting to the Field Operations Decision Meeting. They are responsible for identifying solutions, development of the Statement of Requirements and the Scope of Work to reduce the overall risk level to the company.
The Sr. Process Engineer/Production Excellence will manage modification proposals and developing the solution and business cases. Ideal candidates should have knowledge in the areas of:
Modification proposal development
Project maturation process – Initiate & Assess in particular
General Engineering knowledge for other disciplines, in particular control, piping, mechanical
- Ensure the QA/ QC is of an acceptable and sufficient standard for each Opportunity proposed and perform an in-depth QC check of the Request for Change/Modification submission, liaising with the initiator
- Communicate to relevant stakeholders and Sites the status of RFC’s once approved, rejected or placed on hold
- Conduct the primary Technical and Business assessment for the modification request
- Ensure that the Project Execution Plan is prepared and approved at the appropriate time
- Prepare the Business Case and preliminary prioritization (in conjunction with the OIM/OCM)
- Prepare the Statement of Requirements (SOR), together with the technical discipline leads conducting a review of all documentation necessary for the SOR
- Organise, prepare and obtain approval of the impact assessment
- Responsible for the completion of process studies required as a part of the project maturation process and business case needs
- Organise, prepare and obtain approval for any risk assessment evaluations required as a part of the maturation of the modification, proposing mitigation plans, with support from the other Depts. as necessary (this is not to be confused with the HSE SRA Risk Assessment process which is carried out by the HSE Dept)
- Manage the work opportunity in Sciforma by ensuring it is maintained up to date with all relevant information
- Prepare the Decision Support Package for the FOPS Decision Meeting
- Support other entities in preparing Impact Assessments, Project Change Requests and Business Case revisions in the event that the project scope/budget/plans change
- Populate & maintain the opportunities in the PEX Master list and ensure the key deliverables identified during the opportunity maturation process are executed as per the milestone plan.
- Prepare and communicate the project close-out assessment report (Close the loop)
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the PEX procedures and processes where required
- Prepare and populate reports, within deadlines, as required
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Engineering degree from a recognised university
- Minimum 15 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 10 years in Oil & Gas industry with an international reputable Operating company.
- Experience in Offshore and Upstream operations and maintenance is mandatory.
- Exposure with international consulting company, EPIC contractor with projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and Hand-over activities is an added advantage.
- Well-developed analytical skills with a high attention to detail, efficient and methodic skills.
- Proven coordination abilities and cross team/function interface management.
- Good understanding of oil & gas production systems and experienced in process design of offshore topside facilities
- Good working knowledge of, and experience in, brownfield portfolio management and project maturation processes such as Stage/Gate