Airswift has been tasked by one of its key clients to find and experienced Sr. HR Advisor - Compensation to join their team on a 1-year contract, working in Calgary, AB.
- Provide ongoing consultation and subject-matter expertise to HR Business Partners on compensation-related policies, programs, practices and administration.
- Participation in ongoing integration and harmonization work following the merger of Cenovus and Husky
- Participation in domestic and global market surveys, including analysis, reporting and program recommendations.
- Participate in the company-wide annual compensation review including the development of the compensation review planning calendar, training material, liaising with HRIS on technical issues, providing troubleshooting support and advice to HR Business Partners throughout the planning cycle, testing planned system/tool enhancements and identifying system/process improvements for future years.
- Represent Cenovus in industry peer groups and continually monitor external competitive practices, policy changes, and benchmarks through independent research and networking with peers.
- Lead specific compensation projects and initiatives as required. These will vary in size, scope and duration and may be individual or team based.
- Utilizing Workday, SAP, SuccessFactors, Shareworks and other sources of information to extract, analyze and report on internal compensation trends, as well as pursue opportunities for system/process improvements.
- Development of communication materials to enhance the awareness and understanding of compensation initiatives with HR Business Partners and line leaders.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Post secondary degree in Business.
- Minimum of 8 years direct compensation experience.
- Experience in interpretation and statistical analysis of market data.
- Minimum 8 years experience in HR demonstrating the ability to deal with confidential material in a manner demonstrating sound judgment.
- Highly skilled with Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Experience with Workday, HR SAP, SuccessFactors
- Experience with Shareworks
- High level of discretion in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, self starter, attention to detail, can work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to plan, schedule and deliver both long and short-term projects with consideration to stakeholders and adherence to strict deadlines.
- World at Work Canadian Compensation Professional (CCP) or CEBS Compensation Management Specialist (CMS)
- Minimum of 3 years oil and gas experience