One of our clients, a major Oil & Gas company, is currently looking for a Sr HR Advisor, Compensation to join their Human Resources Compensation team. This is a 1-year contract position to work in Calgary, AB.
- Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Compensation & Global Mobility, this individual will participate in the design, development, and communication of compensation programs for the company's global businesses, with a focus on long term incentive programs, and Asia Pacific compensation.
Required and Preferred qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years direct compensation experience, minimum 6 of those in long-term incentives
- Post-secondary degree in Business.
- Experience in interpretation and statistical analysis of market data.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HR demonstrating the ability to deal with confidential material in a manner demonstrating sound judgment.
- Highly skilled with Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Experience with HR SAP, SuccessFactors, or similar employee database applications.
- Experience with Shareworks Solium
- High level of discretion in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, self-starter, attention to detail, can work independently in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and deliver both long and short-term projects with consideration to stakeholders and adherence to strict deadlines.
- World at Work Canadian Compensation Professional (CCP) or CEBS Compensation Management Specialist (CMS)
- Minimum of 3 years of oil and gas experience
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the development and administration of the company's long-term incentive program, including reporting and governance.
- Provide ongoing consultation and subject-matter expertise to HR Business Partners, including Asia Pacific-based stakeholders, on compensation-related policies, programs, practices, and administration.
- Participation in domestic and global market surveys, including analysis, reporting, and program recommendations with a focus on the Asia Pacific.
- Participate in the company-wide annual compensation review including the development of the compensation review planning calendar, training material, liaising with HRIS on technical issues, providing troubleshooting support and advice to HR Business Partners throughout the planning cycle, testing planned system/tool enhancements, and identifying system/process improvements for future years.
- Represent the company in industry peer groups and continually monitor external competitive practices, policy changes, and benchmarks through independent research and networking with peers.
- Lead specific compensation projects and initiatives as required. These will vary in size, scope, and duration and may be individual or team-based.
- Utilizing SAP, SuccessFactors, Shareworks and other sources of information to extract, analyze, and report on internal compensation trends, as well as pursue opportunities for system/process improvements.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Development of communication materials to enhance the awareness and understanding of compensation initiatives with HR Business Partners and line leaders.